If you like Philosophy products you will want to hurry and take advantage of their Friends and Family Sale. Get 30% off your entire order with the coupon code PHILOSOPHY12. The sale expires on June 16th.
The Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush is fluffy and soft. It really does make the foundation go on smoothly. It costs $32 and can also be purchased where ever Tarte products are sold.
You can get the foundation and brush together at qvc.com for $34.56 while supplies last:) What a deal!!
Have you tried the foundation or brush? I’d love to hear what you think about it!!!
All items were purchased by me. I was not paid to mention or review these items.
Good news!! Sephora is giving its VIB’s 15% off in stores and online from March 29th until April 6th. This is the time to buy! On March 29th, the preview day, you will receive a limited edition Sephora Umbrella with purchase and if you go in the store you can bring a friend and they will get the 15% off discount too!!! Yea! Different brands will be bringing in experts during the 9 day VIB sale. You will receive a card to use in the store for your discount, or, if you order online, use the code CHICVIB. I’ve got some things on my wish list. What’s on yours?
Hi guys!! Thanks for visiting with me today! I have had may requests for a skin care routine and tips video. I aim to please so here it is!! I hope you enjoy it!!
My biggest tips are to stay out of the sun and when you are in the sun use sunscreen. Also pick an anti-aging line and stick with it. You don’t want to mix and match and lines if you don’t do a lot of research first because some ingredients will cancel each other out giving you a really expensive basic moisturizer.
What skin care line do you use? Do tell!
Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to visit. I wanted to let my readers know that the FDA has issued a warning that some skin creams containing mercury have been illegally introduced to the American market. If you have purchased one of these products stop using immediately. Seek medical attention if you have any of the following symptoms of mercury poisoning:
- changes in vision or hearing
- memory problems
- numbness and tingling in hands, feet or around mouth
“Exposure to mercury can have serious health consequences,” says Charles Lee, M.D., a senior medical advisor at FDA. “It can damage the kidneys and the nervous system, and interfere with the development of the brain in unborn children and very young children.”
You don’t have to use the product yourself to be affected, says FDA toxicologist Mike Bolger, Ph.D. “People—particularly children—can get mercury in their bodies from breathing in mercury vapors if a member of the household uses a skin cream containing mercury.” Infants and small children can ingest mercury if they touch their parents who have used these products, get cream on their hands and then put their hands and fingers into their mouth, which they are prone to do, adds Bolger.
How to Protect Yourself (From FDA Site)
- Check the label of any skin lightening, anti-aging or other skin product you use. If you see the words “mercurous chloride,” “calomel,” “mercuric,” “mercurio,” or “mercury,” stop using the product immediately.
- If there is no label or no ingredients are listed, do not use the product. Federal law requires that ingredients be listed on the label of any cosmetic or drug.
- Don’t use products labeled in languages other than English unless English labeling is also provided.
- If you suspect you have been using a product with mercury, stop using it immediately. Thoroughly wash your hands and any other parts of your body that have come in contact with the product. Contact your health care professional or a medical care clinic for advice.
- If you have questions, call your health care professional or the Poison Center8 9 at 1-800-222-1222; it is open 24 hours a day.
- Before throwing out a product that may contain mercury, seal it in a plastic bag or leak-proof container. Check with your local environmental, health or solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Some communities have special collections or other options for disposing of household hazardous waste.
For more information visit the FDA
I picked up the Garnier Skin Perfector Daily All-In-One BB Cream. I’m impressed, especially for a drugstore attempt. I like the traditional Garnier smell, which it has. If you don’t like the smell, this is not for you. It has light coverage and it is moisturizing. The SPF 15 is not up to my SPF standards, but I can deal with that by applying extra SPF. If you have always wanted to try a BB Cream, this is a good one to start with. It should be fairly easy to get in your local drugstore for somewhere between $11 and $13, more or less. Prices will vary from store to store. Have you tried the Garnier BB Cream? Let me know what you think. If not, are you going to try it? Hope your having a great day!!!
Disclaimer: All items were purchased by me and I was not paid to review these items.